Organic edible prickly pears are now available to be purchased online!
Used as food since ancient times.
- We collect only fresh and tender cladodes with a bright green color and at most 20-30 cm long.
- Cleaned from spines, they can be used like any other type of vegetables and / or you can make excellent juices to use them as a food supplement;
- According to our company policy, in harmony with the principles of environmental sustainability, genuineness and freshness of the products we don’t despine the cladodes first!
- Our goal is to let the customer taste the fresh product as if it had just been harvested.
HOW TO COOK THE PRICKLY PEAR CLADODES TO EAT, FOR A HEALTHY AND GENUINE DISH:
- With a potato peeler or a very sharp knife remove the areas with the spines on the flat side and all around the cladodes.
- Wash and make sure you have removed all the spines;
- Cut the cladodes into cubes, put everything in a saucepan, cover with water completely and bring to the boil;
- Add a bit of salt and two tablespoons of white vinegar for about 6 cladodes;
- Boil for about 30 min;
- Drain everything and rinse with cold water;
- NOW THEY ARE READY TO BE TASTED: season them and eat them in salads, or sauté them in a pan, add them to omelettes, etc